Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Not my proudest moment

Today I weighed in at the heaviest weight I have ever been. I'm not proud of this especially since I was in the best shape since college less than a year ago.

Why you ask? Well there are tons of reasons why it's hard to work out and eat right. Partly it's because I leave my house before it's light outside and get home about the time that dinner needs to be made for the family. My hubby thinks that I should just stop cooking but if I did, the teenager would eat ramen, mac&cheese, burritos or pizza rolls for every meal. There wouldn't be a fruit or vegetable get near her otherwise. And since I get home so late, I often whip up something quick and not quite on the diet. I try not to eat it but most of the time it's just so tasty that I can't resist.

Then there is the fact that I'm just plain wiped out when I get home. Mostly I want to eat and relax in the evenings. I'm better at running in the mornings when I'm completely refreshed. This poses a problem as well. I'm the morning person and the hubby is a night owl. He has a hard time letting me sleep so I am getting less sleep than I have since cramming for finals in college.

Well those are my current excuses but I have to do something to turn this around. I'm doing something even if it means sleeping on the couch when the hubby is home so that I can have more than 4 hours of sleep a night. I going to get back into the shape I was last year at this time if it kills me.

So your job as my faithful bloggy friends is to kick my butt and keep me honest. Ask me often how the workout is coming along and how much healthier I am cooking for the whole family. If I can't give you a satisfactory answer, make me run some laps! That'll teach me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Find a place near where you work and do it during lunch. Luckily we just moved to a new building and there's one right downstairs for free. :)

I'll keep you honest, if you do the same for me.

Anonymous said...

Not doing so well. I'm starving already!

The problem with working in downtown Houston is that there aren't many low cost options other than the YMCA. Most of the gyms here are 2 to 3 times what I pay now.

I may start running at lunch again once it cools off a little more. For now, I will just have to get up early!

Rhonda Sloan said...

Maybe with daylight savings over soon, you will feel more like working out in the morning?

It's going to be hard to crack a whip on you when I'm not doing anything either. May I suggest a stomach virus or a tapeworm?